- Tax Compliance, Research, Planning and Consulting
- Corporate Mergers & Acquisitions
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Service Industries
- Real Estate
- Transportation – Railroad, Automotive
- Management Consulting Services
David joined Bowers & Company in 1992 and currently leads a department with expertise in structuring corporate mergers and acquisitions, multi-state tax management & compliance, as well as assisting start-up businesses. He is involved in and oversees the firm’s tax compliance, technical research, planning and consulting.
With 27 years of accounting and taxation experience, David has successfully represented many clients in federal and state audits in such areas as income tax, sales tax and excise tax. David currently represents clients in a wide variety of industries.
David has authored New York State Technical Service Advisory opinions in which the State acquiesced to the positions taken for his clients; as well as articles on 179D Energy Tax Benefits, Interest Charge-Domestic International Sales Corporation (IC-DISC) tax benefits and year-end tax planning.
Maintaining an active speaking schedule, David addresses a wide range of timely Tax topics including Tax Law Updates, Business Structure and the Effect on Tax Benefits, Qualifying Emerging Technology Company Benefits, Energy Tax Deductions and Benefits, and IC-DISC Benefits for Exporters.
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member – New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Board Member and Audit Committee Chair – Pathfinder Bank
- Board Member – Manlius Village Library
- Board Member & Executive Committee Member – Make-A-Wish Foundation of CNY
- Former involvement with United Way
- Former involvement with SCORE
Accounting & Finance Resources Curated For You
Join our mailing list to receive updates and resources designed to improve your bottom-line