- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Retail & Wholesale Business
- Transportation – Short Line Railroad Industry
Originally from Albion, NY, Jim Graduated from St. John Fisher College with a B.S. in Accounting and is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). He also holds a Certificate of Educational Achievement in Business Valuations.
Jim has been involved in serving Short Line Railroad Industry clients for over 50 years helping more than 150 railroad clients in that time. Jim is active in the American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association (ASLRRA). Formerly serving as Chairman of the Finance and Administration Committee, he is now a member of the Finance and Administration Committee as well as the Legislative Policy Committee on Tax Matters.
Jim has been an influential force for the Short Line Railroad industry on a national level. He was instrumental in the creation, lobbying, and securing of the Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation Tax Credit and speaks often at National and Regional ASLRRA conferences.
Locally, Jim is an active in several organizations including the Inter Faith Works, St. Joseph’s the Worker Church, Transitional Living Services, Dunbar Association and the Faith-Hope Center.
Professional Affiliations & Community Involvement
- Member – American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Member – New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Received the Community Builders Award for Community Service by the NYSSPAs in 2016
- Served as Chairman of various committees of the NYS Society of CPAs in the Rochester & Syracuse Chapters
- Certificate of Educational Achievement in Business Valuations
- Adjunct Assistant Professor of Accounting – St. John Fisher College, 1976-1978
- Finance and Administration Committee Chairman; Legislative Policy Committee on Tax Matters Member – American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association
- Member – New England Railroad Club
- Member – South Carolina Railroad Association
- Member – New Jersey Railroad Association
- Board Member – Railroads of New York, Inc
- Advisory Board Member and Officer – Inter Faith Works, Inc
- Trustee – St. Joseph’s the Worker Church
- Along with my wife, Maureen, received the Immaculata Award for Church Service in 2018
- Officer and Board Member – Kiwanis Club, Rochester & Syracuse
- Board Member, Chairperson of Finance Committee, and Local Business Representative – Faith Hope Center
- Former President of the Board – Inter Faith Works, Inc
- Former Chairperson of Finance Committee, Chairman of Heritage, Parish Council President – St. Joseph’s the Worker Church
- Former Board Member, Treasurer, Chair of Finance Committee, and Member of Nominating Committee – Transitional Living Services
- Former Board Member and Treasurer – Dunbar Association
Accounting & Finance Resources Curated For You
Join our mailing list to receive updates and resources designed to improve your bottom-line