INDUSTRIES WE SERVE
Bowers & Company’s Railroad Group is the premier accounting, financial planning and business consulting services group to the Short Line Railroad industry. We have proven that the growth and prosperity of our clients is enhanced by the financial guidance we provide them.
How We Stand Apart
Our expertise is based on 40 years of analysis and accumulated knowledge of the Short Line Railroad industry. In that time we have served more than 150 railroad clients. We have built a comprehensive set of services that enable us to understand and meet any Railroad or Railroad supplier’s needs, no matter what stage your business is at.
- Took a leadership role in conceptualization, creation, and active participation in Senate/Congressional education/lobbying on initial passage and renewal 45G Short Line Rehabilitation Tax Credit.
- Over 100 million worth of in Short Line Railroad Rehabilitation Tax Credit Assignments since 2005.
- Leveraging our rail experience to complete financial statement review & audits in a more timely and efficient manner.
- Provide value-added management summaries that include operational recommendations and industry benchmarking.
- We have extensive expertise in the areas of Sarbanes Oxley and internal audit and have tailored these services to the privately-held business.
- Our audit process will work as a springboard for your tax and financial planning so that it is proactive and opportunistic, turning your audit cost from overhead into an investment.
- Our National CPA Firm Association provides additional resources nationwide. This provides access to tremendous resources without being “locked in” to one alliance.
- With a nationwide client base and preparation of over 400 out-of-state tax returns, we have deep experience with multi-state tax issues, strategy, and resolution.
- Buy-side due diligence and Quality of Earnings reports.
- Bowers & Company low employee turnover produces consistent staff continuity for our clients.
- We can help your operation with Railroad Retirement Tax Submission, and Monthly Bookkeeping services backed by our industry expertise and knowledge.
Accounting for the Short Line Railroad Industry
Among Financial Advisors, none have as much background, experience and knowledge of the Short Line Railroad industry as the B&C Railroad Group.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING RAILROAD SERVICES:
- Expertise in Your Business from Day 1. There is No Learning Curve for you to Contend with Eliminating Time Wasted Training New Accountants Each Year.
- A Focus on Increasing Your Net Worth. Whether Helping With Day-To-Day Decision Making or Strategic Planning, We Will Always be Available to Advise You.
- Comprehensive Research and Day-To-Day Knowledge of the Short Line Railroad industry
- Education and Lobbying Efforts to Further the Goals of the Short Line Railroad industry
- Direct Partner Involvement with Every Professional Services Client
- Accessibility of Partner/Client Team at all Times
- Technology Driven Service, Paperless Environment, Remote Data Access, Client Portal
- Federal & State Income Tax, Tax planning, Tax Consulting
- Multi-State Tax Issues and Reporting Requirements
- Accounting & Auditing Services
- Financial Statement Audits, Reviews and Compilations
- Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination
- Business Valuation and Exit Strategies
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Plan Design and Implementation
- Strategic Value-Added Services that will be Instrumental in Growing Your Business
“North Shore Railroad Company & Affiliates has been a client of Bowers & Company for 12 years. We have utilized Bowers’ services in many different areas including: auditing, valuation, acquisition preparation, tax preparation, corporate succession planning and financial guidance. Bowers’ staff is extremely knowledgeable in the railroad industry, and they give thorough and thoughtful responses and explanations. Their services are timely and impeccable. In short, Bowers & Company is a top notch accounting services firm for our industry.”
– Diana L. Williams, Treasurer/Controller – North Shore Railroad Company & Affiliates
Accounting & Finance Resources Curated For You
Join our mailing list to receive updates and resources designed to improve your bottom-line